At Orthodontic Specialists, diagnosing dental conditions is safe and easy, thanks to the cutting-edge dental technology of digital X-rays.
- Up to 75% less radiation exposure than normal X-rays
- Ability to view instantly on a computer; no waiting for X-rays to be processed
- Ability to enlarge X-rays for diagnosis; normal X-rays are normal size
Our most common types of X-rays
- Panoramic radiograph: provides information about the presence and position of unerupted teeth, the health of supported bone around the teeth, jaw joints (TMJ), sinuses, and the jaw bones (maxilla and mandible)
- Lateral cephalogram: a profile X-ray of the skull and soft tissues used to assess the relation of the teeth and jaws, the relation of the jaws to the skull, and the relation of the soft tissues to the teeth and jaws. In children, growth predictions can be easily quantified and our doctors can determine the changes that have occurred with treatment. In adults, treatment can be predicted with varying degrees of accuracy and results accurately qualified.